About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Jessica Simmons! Baking is a passion of mine! I have been playing around with cakes and cupcakes for a while now and blog about my crazy cupcake journey! I hope you enjoy the blog! I do not take orders. Please remember that all photos presented here are copyrighted by Jessica Simmons with all rights reserved. Thanks!

Friday, October 8, 2010

Um...ok...so dont substitute in a recipe!

Well this is an update from my About to bake! post....when a recipe calls for cake flour don't try to substitute with all purpose flour! Also remember that google may give you answers but they are not always the right answers! So the recipe called for 2 cups for cake flour....I didn't have any so I googled cake flour vs all purpose flour and it said to equal 1 cup of cake flour to use 3/4 cups of all purpose flour and 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Well that's what I did and oh man my cupcakes belong on the cake wrecks blog! They did not turn out at all..they stuck to the cupcake wrappers and fell flat! On the upside they had a good taste to them. I will try again but only after I get some cake flour!!!
Here are some pics of my red velvet disaster!
Mixing

 Sifted flour, salt and cocoa
 mmmmm looks good! Ready to go in the pan!
End result! lol! DISASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment